The Physical Medicine Management Alliance (PMMA) is an AAPAN Alliance that consists of organizations representing care management companies who specialize in physical medicine, musculoskeletal care and wellness. These organizations focus on partnering with provider specialists to facilitate care delivered via specialty services that include, but are not limited to, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Podiatry, Speech Therapy and Integrative Care.
PMMA members believe in the value of physical medicine delivered under a conservative care model with demonstrated efficacy in generating quality outcomes. PMMA advocates for the vital role that management organizations play in that delivery process by promoting access, facilitating collaboration and enhancing choice. PMMA members focus on spreading this value message through high-level advocacy on the Hill, grassroots and social media marketing, industry articles, white papers, speaking opportunities and other pipelines.
PMMA advocates for physical medicine at the federal and state legislative and regulatory levels.
PMMA provides administrative simplification initiatives that drive efficiencies in physical medicine.
Industry leaders collaborate to promote the value proposition of evidence-based conservative care and provide guidance in musculoskeletal and therapeutic care management.
PMMA Goals and Objectives
- Be the definitive source for physical medicine and therapeutic care delivery standards in a manner consistent with PMMA’s overall philosophy to maximize quality and patient outcomes
- Raise the profile of integrated physical medicine and conservative care pathways through consumer messaging and consumer engagements
- Facilitate access to physical medicine and therapeutic services through expansion of healthcare benefits
- Pursue research studies which validate the integrative, evidence-based conservative care proposition
- Provide educational support for providers, members and community advocacy groups on how a collaborative approach can benefit all parties
latest news and initiatives
Conservative Care and Non-opioid Therapies Are Safe and Effective for Treating Pain and Musculoskeletal Conditions
PMMA releases position statement on Expanding Access to Conservative, Non-Pharmacologic Pain Management for Better Outcomes and Lower Risk
PMMA releases a statement on telehealth/telemedicine in the COVID-19 era.
TELEHEALTH LETTER TO CMS
PMMA asked the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to use its broad waiver authority to expand Medicare coverage for telehealth to include physical therapy and occupational therapy.